Sunday, October 17, 2010

More S fun

We decided to continue on the S activities and stick to something that we have used a few times already. Spaghetti!
After talking about and writing their S etc, they decided to use the dry spaghetti noodles as swords and chase each other around the house. They went through more 'swords' than I care to count. HAHA but they had fun while I was cooking the rest.
Once the Spaghetti noodles were cooked I put some on each of their trays. Mew jumped right in trying to make fun shapes. Jocie was not so enthusiastic. I decided to try to encourage her by making a 'Repunzel' face for her. By the time I got the hair and face outline done, she was starting to get interested. I was very surprised when she started to play with the spaghetti! This is the first time she has really touched it on her own! BREAKTHROUGH moment! Times like these make it all worth it! I tried to hide MY enthusiasm so that I did not discourage her- it was HARD to do! (She did get a lot of praise and even earned some marbles for her jar when we were done! If we do it WHILE she is playing, she will usually stop!)

I would say Jocie had a fun time with the spaghetti! Mew did as well. He made a 'jelly fish from spongebob' out of his noodles!

We also used the spaghetti to make 'spider dogs'/ I pushed dry noodles through pieces of hot dog and then put them in water to cook. This made the legs. They did not turn out how I had hoped (didnt think about the noddles sticking together) but the kiddos LOVED them and had fun making them crawl through their spaghetti piles.

1 comment:

ODD Mom said...

I forgot to tell you to add some oil or butter to the water and to stir it around some! LOL! Looks like they had fun with them!