Tuesday, July 6, 2010

C is for...(part 2)

After an overwhelming day with the first part of the letter C, we decided to go low key for day 2. I still wanted to cover it because there were so many more C foods. I swear I could make  weeks worth of activities for the letter C, but I want to get through as many letters as I can before school starts again for Jocie.

We started with having Mew find the letter C from the group of magnet letters on the fridge. He had a little more trouble and Jocie had to help him (I will go back over the letter with him more in depth when we are one on one after Jocie is back in school). Then we did our letter practice, Mew practiced writing and Jocie identified Pictures on her sheet that started with C. I also added in CH words for her. Both did a great job.

Instead of playing with food today, we went through the pantry and fridge looking for foods that started with C. We found cereal(both Captain crunch and cheerios), Cucumber, cheese, crackers and the list went on. For dinner I had Jocie choose foods that started with C as well. Mew had Chinese (with carrots even:)) and Jocie had Chicken fries. we talked about all the foods and how they feel and sound when we eat them. Jocie also had some Chocolate pudding for a snack, but she was not up for painting with it this time.

Since starting these activities, Jocie has taken to trying to figure out what letter every food she eats starts with. She is getting most of them right, and is enjoying herself. If nothing else we have her thinking about food more often and in different ways!

No comments: