Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Outside Shaving Cream


About a month ago, we decided to put a new twist on our shaving cream play. I wanted to see if Jocie and Mew would get their feet in it, but I didn't want it all over the house- so...I took it outside!

 
First I sprayed shaving cream on the side walk in a foot print trail pattern alternating between regular cream and the gel type. I put a small container of water at the end of the trail followed by a large beach towel for them to clean of on if needed. 

To my surprise Mew jumped right in and started walking through it, but I think he was doing it more to have an excuse to put his feet in that water(my water boy!). He would go through as quickly as he could just to get back into the water, where he would dance and giggle each time. I tried to encourage him to crawl as well. He was a good sport about it for a little while then decided it was more fun to play in the water and get all the shaving cream OFF!

Jocie was a little more hesitant at first, but once she did it a few times she was having a blast. I did notice though that it was starting to get slippery and they were having more and more trouble walking. I did not want anyone to crack their head on the sidewalk, so I dumped the water container over the sidewalk to thin the shaving cream out. Jocie LOVED this! she sat right in the watered down shaving cream and began covering herself with it, giggling, twirling having a blast! 

After adding the water, Mew did try to sit in it with Jocie, but it was too much for him and he took off declaring that he was 'getting out of here' and was going to 'run away' (all with a giggle of course) 
 

It was an awesome fun day! and clean up was a breeze!

No comments: