Friday, July 16, 2010

F is for FUDGE

After almost a week break from our food activities, we are back to it! Where we left off- the letter F.
For F we kept it simple. We changed things up a little this time. We did find out F magnets first, so we knew what letter we were working on, but we set right to the FOOD.

Our first food- FUDGE brownies! We measured out the ingredients.  I LOVE that the box has them listed WITH pictures- Even Mew could see how many eggs and what else we needed quickly! Jocie poured the Oil, water and Eggs into the bowl and Mew had the job of pouring in the 'sugar'(they call any powdered mix sugar) AKA the Fudge Brownie Mix. I mixed things up first and they each got their own turn to stir while I greased the pan. Mew decided that the mix now looked like Mud and Jocie told him it was NOT because mud starts with M and we were doing F, so it HAD to be FUDGE! I had to quickly intervene as I saw Mew start to take the whisk out of the bowl telling Jocie, "I am going to Mud you" with his ornery little laugh! He would have had it all over her in seconds! We poured the mix into the pan and into the oven it went.

While we waited for our fudge brownies to mix, I gave Jocie and Mew both a Fig Newton cookie to try. we talked about how it looked, and felt and what we thought was in it and talked a little about figs. Mew decided his looked like a flute and tried to blow through it while Jocie took a small lick. When Mew finally took a bite, He was not pleased, so Jocie decided she would not even TRY to bite hers. Darn! Now I will have to eat the Fig Newtons ALL BY MYSELF! HAHA
Time for our 'work' with the letter F. Mew did Great writing his in his wipe-off book and Jocie breezed right through her worksheet. She was done before I even got Mew settled into his. She was so proud of herself! She is doing Great! I gave Jocie another sheet of paper to work on while I checked the brownies and they decided it was time to give themselves 'tattoos' with the wipe-off marker and pen. Highlight of their day I think!

I got them settled down, and we went together to the pantry and looked for foods that started with F. Of course, they names everything that had Fruit in it- fruit snacks, fruit bars, fruit twists, and fruit pieces (dried fruit).

After the brownies were done, we frosted them with Fudge Frosting and they DID each eat one of those. YUM! Best tasting treat yet!

No comments: