Saturday, July 31, 2010

P is for PIZZA!

After playing with Oatmeal this morning, I was surprised the kiddos were so anxious to get to the letter P. They could not wait! Since we did two letters today, I tried to do a fun transitional activity.
We made Oreo Pudding!
Jocie tried a little, Mew wanted to just play with his. We took turns practicing letters in it and he decided it was time to just mess around. He covered his hands in it until he realized how messy he had gotten. I gave him a towel to wipe up with but he was not happy that he could not get it all off by himself!


After our 'work' with the letter, we got right to the foods. Pears and Peaches were first. Mew thought the Pear looked like a tree and wanted to keep it, not eat it. After we explored them and talked about them, I cut them into small dices for them to eat. Mew preferred playing with his, but Jocie ate a few dices of pear(it was sort of hard for her, so she got a little frustrated). Once she was done with the pear pieces she did lick some pieces of peach but was afraid to eat them. That is fine, she tasted them!

For snack we had popcorn. Mew doesn't care much for popcorn(is he really my child?? HA HA) but Jocie loves it!

Dinner time! 
PIZZA!!
We mixed up the dough and Jocie and Mew both took turns greasing the pizza pans. Mew spread his dough, I started it for him and got it shaped, but he did a lot of it on his own(I had several holes to patch when he was done HA!) Jocie helped me roll out three breadsticks for her(she is not fond of pizza because of the toppings) and we put on butter, some garlic salt and some parsley flakes(Ever since her sister put parsley flakes on her fries, she now wants it on breadsticks and fries all the time- I don't ask- she eats it I am happy)

After baking the crust for a little bit, we pulled it out and added sauce and sausage to Mew's pizza(he does NOT like cheese on pizza). Then finished baking it as we started making Dad a pizza. His had cheese, sauce and pepperoni.
 
Mew of course LOVED his pizza! and Jocie liked her breadsticks as well!

I still have a few more P foods to cover tomorrow.

No comments: